Infants & Toddlers
Different from a typical one hour initial assessment, Kids Physio Group now offers a specialized Infant Physiotherapy Assessment where one of our physiotherapists will answer questions about your child’s development and provide strategies to prevent or correct common pediatric conditions such as plagiocephaly (flat heads) and torticollis (tight necks)
We believe in the importance of varied positions, mat play, tummy time and educated parents for infant development. The Infant Motor Milestone Assessment is a great way to be proactive about your child’s development!
Infant Physiotherapy Assessment
- Are you a new parent with questions about your baby’s development?
- Assessment of your child’s current gross motor function
- Screening for common infant condition and tips on how to prevent them
- Private, one-on-one appointments with lots of time for questions and feeding/changing if needed!
Head Shape Management
- Flat head and skull asymmetries (plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly)
- Assessment and tracking of your child’s head shape
- Education on positional treatment specific to your child
- Treatment for neck conditions impacting the position preference
- Referral to Certified Orthotist for headband/helmet screening and 3D head scan as required
- Tight neck muscle(s) resulting in head twists and or tilt
- Education on infant positioning in sleep, play and throughout the day
- Hands-on stretching & strengthening techniques
- Age-appropriate play-based exercises
- Therapeutic Taping techniques
Low Tone, Delayed Milestones
- Assessment of previously achieved milestones and current gross motor function
- Specific exercises prescribed to facilitate achieving the next milestone(s)
- Important for infants born prematurely, or those with a specific diagnoses including Cerebral Palsy or Downs Syndrome