We show our commitment to your privacy by complying with applicable privacy laws in Canada, and specifically the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (Ontario), and the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia). We also abide by the rules and regulations imposed by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and the College of Physiotherapists of British Columbia with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal health information.
Your Interactions with our Franchisees
We may provide your personal information, including your personal health information, to our Franchisees to assist in fulfilling the purposes for which we collect your personal information. For example, when you register your child for our services through our Website, the personal information that you provide when making the booking is disclosed to the Franchisee that operates the location you will attend. The Franchisee may use this personal information to contact you about the appointment or other inquiry that you have made and use the personal information for the purpose of providing you with the services or communications you have requested, including communications you have requested for or on behalf of your child. In addition, if you apply for a job or otherwise express your interest in working with us, we may provide your information to one of our Franchisees that may have a position that may interest you.
Note for Parents and Legal Guardians Concerning Children’s Privacy
We make a special effort to encourage children to consult with their parents or legal guardians before providing us with their personal information in connection with the use of our services. We believe that parents should supervise their children’s activities when using this Website and our services. You will be asked to complete an intake form where you will be asked to further confirm that you authorize us and/or our Franchisee’s to collect, use, and disclose your and your child’s personal information in connection with the services that we provide.
We do not seek to collect, use, or disclose a child’s personal information without the consent of their parent or legal guardian and we limit the use of a child’s personal information for and in connection with the child’s use of our services.
Collection of your Personal Information
Personal information that you give to us
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of the individuals with whom we interact. This personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, and home address. For example, you will be asked to provide us with this information when you create an account with us or book an appointment. When you create an account, you may also choose to add another family member profile to the account. To do so, we ask that you provide the name and email address of the individual you add to the account.
- personal health information, including your health card number, medical services plan number, patient records, health insurance information (e.g., policy number, policy holder date of birth, policy ID), medical charts, appointment history, and other similar health-related information that is relevant to your use of our services.
- payment information, including your credit card number and billing address.
- employment-related information that you choose to provide to us if you are applying for a job with us or one of our Franchisees, such as the personal information included in your resume.
- student intern or volunteer-related information that you choose to provide us if you are applying for or partake in an opportunity to volunteer to assist us or on of our Franchisees, such as the personal information included in your resume;
- other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you contact us support, provide us with feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information that we collect will depend on what personal information you choose to provide to us.
Please note that we also collect personal information about your child when you request that we provide our services for the benefit of your child. We do not collect a child’s personal information without the consent of a child’s parent or legal guardian. You agree that by providing us with any personal information about another individual (including your child), you represent that you have received their permission to do provide the individual’s personal information to us. In the case of a minor, if you are not the parent or legal guardian of the minor, you represent that you have received the minor’s parent or legal guardian’s permission to share the minor’s information with us.
In addition, as we noted above, depending on the location at which you make your booking one of our Franchisees may receive the personal information that you provide in connection the booking and the services provided.
Personal Information That We Receive From Third Parties
As a general rule, we collect personal information directly from individuals.
In addition, we may receive your or your child’s personal information, including personal health information, from physicians or other healthcare practitioners that we or you deal with in connection with your and your child’s use of our services. These include the healthcare providers that are responsible for requisitioning your use of our services.
Other Information that we Receive from Third Parties and Tracking Technologies
Use of Personal Information
In addition to the above, we also collect and use personal information to (a) provide you and your child with the functionality and communications that are available through our Website; (b) provide you with our services or to assist our Franchisees provide you with their services; and (c) enable us and our Franchisees to manage, maintain, and develop our operations. For example, we use information to:
- establish, maintain, and manage our relationship with you, including by assisting you to create an account, communicate with us, and provide you with the services that you request;
- allow you to participate in, subscribe to, and receive information, news, updates, and promotional materials from us and third parties;
- comply with your requests and preferences regarding your use of our services and the manner in which we communicate with you;
- understand your preferences and values so that we can tailor our services and communications to you;
- protect us against error, fraud, theft, and damage to our services, business, and property;
- conduct analysis and evaluations to understand the way our services are used and to improve our services and general operations, including with respect to the development of new products, services, and opportunities;
- enable us to investigate legal or insurance claims and to comply with applicable laws and regulatory purposes; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which we may notify you of, or to which you consent.
By consenting to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information through our Website and in connection with the services, you allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information and the personal information of any minor that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Website or our services, including the services of our Franchisees.
Promotional and Transactional Messages
We will collect your consent prior to sending you promotional or marketing messages (e.g., emails, texts, direct messages), unless an exception to obtaining your consent applies under applicable laws. You will have an opportunity to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving promotional messages from us at any time. Promotional messages include, but are not limited to, our newsletter and updates about our and our partners’ businesses and services.
By using our services, you agree to receive transactional communications about your account, your bookings, and your and your child’s services. For example, when you create an account or reset your password you may receive an email confirming the details of such activity. You may not opt-out of receiving these transactional communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your personal information and other information in the manner and for the purposes that are described in the sections below.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party healthcare providers in connection with your use of our services, including the physicians that are responsible for requisitioning or monitoring an individual’s rehabilitation or treatment plan. This information may include personal health information. For example, we may share your personal health information with other physiotherapists and physicians as part of the clinical decision-making process that is part of your treatment. We will obtain your consent to sharing your information for this purpose before we do so.
Working with Service Providers
We may work with third parties that provide services to us that help us facilitate one or more aspects of the services that we offer to you, including at our and our Franchisees’ locations and through our Website. We may provide these third parties with your personal information directly or they may collect your personal information from you on our behalf. For example, we may use a third-party payment processor to process payments made on or in connection with our Services. These service providers may also send you communications on our behalf. For example, as described above, we work with Jane who provides us with data storage and clinic management services through its proprietary platform.
Legal Requirements and Emergency Situations
Your personal information may also be disclosed
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or a group of persons; and
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to disclose your personal information.
Your Consent to our Disclosure of your Personal Information
Disclosure of Aggregated Data
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information and related usage information, which does not contain any personal information that can identify you, with third parties, including our customers, clients, partners, advertisers, service providers, vendors, suppliers, and content providers.
Keeping Personal Information
We do not keep your personal information forever. We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
We endeavour to maintain commercially reasonable physical, technological, and procedural safeguards that are appropriate based on the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction.
Please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information that is relevant to your use of our services.
Access to Personal Information; Withdrawing Consent
You can ask to access the personal information that we have about you. If you want to review, verify, delete or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. We may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are situations where applicable law allows or requires us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, your personal information may have been destroyed, erased, or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. These links are provided for your convenience only and you assume all risk for clicking these links to other websites. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies, or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
210-3369 Fraser St
Vancouver, BC V5V 4C2
**If you choose to communicate with us via email, please be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium for sending any personal or confidential information to us. **