Surekha has been passionate about working with children and helping them achieve their goals since her volunteer experiences in high school. She has volunteered with many paediatric populations, such as children with Autism and learning difficulties as well as athletes. Born and raised in Vancouver, she completed her Bachelor of Science at the University of British Columbia. After this, she pursued her dream of becoming a physiotherapist and completed her Master of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto.
Surekha has hands-on experience working with children with various conditions, such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, developmental delay and musculoskeletal conditions. Surekha is also dedicated to learning about the latest advances in the paediatric field, through further education and research, to provide the best care possible.
In her spare time, Surekha enjoys physical activity, including playing sports, hiking and going to the gym. She also loves spending time with family and friends, reading and baking.
- Bachelor of Science in General Science at the University of British Columbia
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto
Continuing Education Courses
- Level 1 Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy
- Complete Concussions Certification
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME) Level 1 & 2
- Hammersmith Infant Neurological Examination (HINE)
- Pelvic 1 Certification
Click HERE to view Surekha’s schedule.