If you have ever seen ‘Renfrew’ on the inside of a roll of hockey or athletic tape, that’s the small town in Ontario where Physio Mikaela is from! Growing up under the passion of her own mom as a physiotherapist and an active dad to hit the road running or cycling with, injuries were minimal (and quickly treated), activities were plentiful with a younger brother and a golden retriever or two, and sighs were frequent at yet another repetition of the dreaded Hamstring Torture stretch Version 1 and 2 (thanks to Momma Physio).
Mikaela pursued a BSc in Kinesiology from Western University and fate was sealed that she would follow in her mom’s footsteps, completing the Master of Physical Therapy program in another two ‘purple and proud’ years at Western. Summers were spent home with the family and operating her own summer business, teaching one-on-one Red Cross swimming lessons for children in her backyard pool. The joy of working with kids translated to volunteering with Making Waves organization in London, offering swimming lessons to children with special needs, and becoming a guide for a visually-impaired individual participating in track and field events. Never had she imagined finding her passion in the world of physiotherapy in such a perfect fit as Kids Physio Group.
An avid runner and triathlete over the years, as well as taking up rock climbing during physiotherapy school, Mikaela is taking in everything B.C. has to offer: looking forward to outdoor climbing, her first marathon (BMO Vancouver) in May, and Gran Fondo Whistler in September!
Whether it is a new hiking trail, coffee shop, recipe, or workout to get the heart pumping, Mikaela is in! At Kids Physio Group, she strives to inspire movement, cultivate passion, and promote independence, celebrating all moments, big and small, in each child’s development.
- Certified Yoga Instructor RYS 300 – with plans to complete a specialization in Kids Yoga and Pre/Post Natal including Mom & Baby classes
- Level 1 Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy (Level 2 in progress)
- Soft Tissue & Myofascial Release courses
- Monarch System: Motivational Interviewing & Coaching Skills for Health Professionals, Level 1
- First Responder, CPR Level HCP and AED
- Tuesday: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:30pm