Originally from Ireland, Maria moved to Vancouver in 2017, where she fell in love with the Pacific NorthWest. She feels so lucky to work in a job that she truly loves. She has a passion for helping every child on her caseload reach their full potential. Maria began working as a Physio in 2012, gaining knowledge and being mentored by some excellent Physiotherapists early in her career, she knew she had chosen the right path.
Since joining the Kids Physio team in 2018, her passion for learning has only grown. She is so happy to be part of a team who share her enthusiasm for research, learning and personal development. Maria loves treating babies and young children with complex diagnoses and neurological conditions. She also loves helping children and teens who are having problems with maintaining continence, bladder or bowel leaks, bed wetting, constipation, leaks and/or frequency and urgency problems
As a Physiotherapist, Maria strongly believes in involving the whole family in therapy. She advocates for making Physio FUN at home. She knows a kid who enjoys the movement and exercises that are prescribed are going to achieve their goals so quickly! She makes a huge effort to make each game and exercise specific to the kid.
- Paediatric incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Dynamic Core for Kids: A systems approach anchored in a neuromuscular model of Core recruitment
- Contemporary NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child (0-3 years old): Assessment and treatment from birth to 3 years old with known or suspected neuromotor impairments.
- Complete Concussion Management
- Neurokinetic Therapy – Manual muscle testing and treatment
- TMR – Total Motion Release, fascial and movement release for paediatrics and neurological conditions
- Anatomy Trains: Structure and Function
- Mulligan Concept Level 1: Mobilization with movement is a manual therapy approach specializing in the care of patient with musculoskeletal pain
- STAR Institute Level 1 Mentorship – Sensory Processing
- Other Courses:
- Strength and conditioning rehabilitation for return to sport-specific training.
- Biomechanical Assessment and indication for orthotics.
- Level 1 Instructor Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS Snowboarding)
- Level 1 Course Conductor Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS Snowboarding)