Lauren Rudko is a Montreal transplant who obtained both her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Physiotherapy degrees from McGill University. Her long history of playing and coaching rugby drew her into physiotherapy. Learning about the role of the pelvic floor led her to pursue postgraduate work in pelvic floor physiotherapy.
Lauren is passionate about pelvic floor physiotherapy and started working with adults after completing her post-graduate pelvic floor levels and becoming rostered with the Ontario College of Physiotherapists. When a few children with bowel and bladder issues came into her caseload, Lauren dove head first into how to best work with them.
Lauren works with kids experiencing issues including encopresis (fecal soiling), constipation, enuresis (bedwetting), daytime urinary incontinence, and pelvic pain. She works creatively to meet families where they are to improve bowel and bladder habits to reduce symptoms. Treatment techniques range from breathing and core exercises to body awareness techniques and biofeedback. Lauren has taken courses in Autism spectrum disorder and postural work for kids with exceptionalities, to better assist children with a wide range of diagnoses.
Looking to bring together her love of coaching, working with kids, and pelvic floor physiotherapy, Lauren is excited to be working at Toronto Kids Physio!
Paediatric Pelvic Health Courses
- Paeds 1 – Paediatric Bowel and Bladder Disorders (Dawn Sandalcidi)
- Paeds 2 – Paediatric Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Assessment and Management (Dawn Sandalcidi)
- Dynamic Core for Kids (Julie Wiebe)
- Dynamic Core for Kids – The Challenge of Continence for Kids with Challenges (Julie Wiebe)
- Autism Matters (Kim Barthel)
- Toileting, Interoception & Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach for Promoting Toileting Success and Independence (Kelly Mahler)
General Pelvic Health Courses
- Level 1: The physical therapy approach to anyone experiencing urinary incontinence (Pelvic Health Solutions)
- Level 2: The role of physiotherapy in the treatment of anyone experiencing pelvic pain through a trauma-informed lens (Pelvic Health Solutions)
- Level 3: Biopsychosocial Reframed (Pelvic Health Solutions – Carolyn Vandyken)
- Bowel And Bladder Treatment Of The Client With Neurologic Dysfunction (Carina Siracusa)
- Reframe Endometriosis in Rehabilitation (Jill Mueller)
- Pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain & The Pelvic Floor (Sinead Dufour)
Click HERE to view Lauren’s schedule.