Lauren grew up in Montreal, QC, and has a BA in Philosophy (2009) from McGill University, as well as a master’s degree in Physiotherapy (2020) from McGill’s satellite campus at the University of Quebec at Chicoutimi (up north!). She grew up playing rugby and started coaching at the youth level as a way to give back to her community while in university. Life took some twists and turns and Lauren ended up in physiotherapy school after 8 years as a researcher in the environmental sector.
Lauren is passionate about pelvic floor physiotherapy and started out working with adults after completing her post-graduate pelvic floor levels. When a few kiddos with bowel and bladder issues came into her caseload, Lauren dove head first into how to best work with them. Wanting to know more about treating this special population, she completed Level 1 for Kid’s Bowel and Bladder issues and read everything she could get her hands on. Looking to bring together her love of coaching, working with kids, and pelvic floor physiotherapy, Lauren is excited to be working at Toronto Kids Physio!
- BA in Philosophy from McGill University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy from University of Quebec
Continuing Education Courses
- Level 1 for Kid’s Bowel and Bladder
- Pediatric Bowel and Bladder Disorders – Peds 1 (Dawn Sandalcidi)
- Pediatric Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders – Peds 2 (Dawn Sandalcidi)
- Dynamic Core for Kids (Mod. 1) (Julie Wiebe)
- Dynamic Core for Kids – The Challenge of Continence for Children with Challenges (Julie Wiebe)
- Toileting, Interoception & Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach for Promoting Toileting Success and Independence (Kelly Mahler)
Click HERE to view Lauren’s schedule.