Kaitlyn grew up in a small border town outside of Windsor, but has called the Niagara region home for the last 15 years. Kaitlyn attended Brock University where she graduate with a Bachelor of Kinesiology degree, followed by a Master’s degree in Physiotherapy at McMaster University, graduating in 2012. Kaitlyn grew up playing multiple sports competitively. She quickly realized her interest in human movement, anatomy and rehabilitation, following several of her own injuries. Kaitlyn decided at a young age she wanted to be a physiotherapist and a friend’s experience with physiotherapy during their pediatric oncology treatment, solidified her passion for working with the pediatric population.
Her pediatric physiotherapy experience began in 2012. Kaitlyn’s clinical practice has ranged from interdisciplinary pediatric clinics, and hospital settings, to a pediatric oncology research study at the Hospital for Sick Children (Sickkids). Kaitlyn is excited to be joining the Hamilton Kid’s Physio Group, where her love for the practice of physiotherapy and passion for helping the pediatric population can be combined. She is passionate about helping kids and their families meet goals, while accomplishing this in a fun and energetic environment! She has taken continuing education in several areas, most recently becoming the first Canadian Cure Duchenne Certified Physical Therapist.
When not in the clinic, Kaitlyn can be found chasing after her two young children, hiking the Niagara escarpment and provincial parks.
- MScPT Master of Science in Physiotherapy McMaster University 2012
- BKIN Bachelor of Kinesiology Brock University 2010
- Cure Duchenne Certified Physical Therapist
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Current Understanding and Treatment
- Dynamic Core for Kids
- Pre and Post Frenectomy Oral Motor Function for the Precrawling Baby
- Infant Feeding Support and Physiotherapists Role
- Therapeutic Taping Course
- Infant Torticollis and Plagiocephaly
On maternity leave!