BScH Kine, MScPT
Hillary is joining the team from Toronto Ontario, where she grew up training as a provincial level gymnast and coaching 3-6 year olds recreationally. It was her love of movement and appreciation for the human body that drew her to an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at Queen’s University. She then went on to obtain her Masters of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto, with the main goal of working in Paediatrics. Hillary loves helping children succeed at achieving new milestones while having fun. Hillary often encourages families to be involved in therapy sessions, to learn alongside their child and be able to confidently apply those lessons outside of the clinical setting. Hillary was awarded the Rising Star Distinction Award from the Canadian Physiotherapy Association Pediatric Division last year.
Hillary is loving life on the west coast and feels right at home amongst the rest of the incredible Kids Physio team. She spends her spare time checking out local coffee shops, hiking, and recently ran her first half marathon. Hillary is looking forward to learning a new skill herself as she takes part in adult ski lessons come January.
Hillary is passionate about continuing her education in order to provide the best treatment for her clients. She has successfully completed:
- Level one and two in Cueves Medek Exercises
- Introductory Pediatric Neuro-developmental Theory
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy for Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Indiopathic Toe Walking
- Hammersmith Infant Neurological Examination
- Contemporary NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child
- Complete Concussion Management Certified