David loves engaging children, babies and teenagers in a fun and inclusive therapeutic environment. He has a passion for making physiotherapy an individualized, exciting and enjoyable experience for every client that walks through the door.
David grew up in North Vancouver and completed a Bachelors of Science and a Masters of Physical Therapy at the University of British Columbia. During his studies David developed a keen interest in pediatric physiotherapy and began his career at Kids Physio after graduating. As a part-time stay-at-home Dad David has plenty of personal experience with the highs and lows of being a parent. He enjoys treating a variety of age groups and conditions including:
1. Children and babies with gross motor and developmental delays, genetic disorders, developmental coordination disorder or neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder
2. Children or teenagers struggling with activity-related pain; in particular soccer players, hockey players, basketball players, baseball players and gymnasts
3. Children with neurological conditions, cerebral palsy or traumatic brain injuries
4. Children and young athletes with concussions, suspected concussions or post concussion syndrome (certified therapist with Complete Concussion Management Inc.)
5. Babies and infants with torticollis (a preference to turn their heads in one direction), plagiocephaly, concerns around gross motor delays or parents who want to learn more about how to support their babies motor development
In keeping with the latest research David’s therapeutic approach is primarily focused on active therapy and education. After assessing and identifying client’s key issues and goals David prefers to use treatment time on prescribing, performing and modifying exercises as well as discussing how to modify children’s activities or routines to best support their recovery and development.
David loves finding ways to make games out of exercises that incorporate children’s interests. Some favourites for younger children are games related to Roblox, Minecreaft, Dinosaurs, Marvel, Mario and Disney, while some favourites for older children or teenagers are trivia-style guessing games related to their favourite sports, books, TV shows, video games or movies.
In his free time David can be found playing at the park with his daughter, trail running, rock climbing, mountaineering, playing board games or reading. Growing up David played league soccer, ice-hockey, football and rugby, which is his favourite sport.
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual And Manipulative Therapy Level 1
- Bobath Concept: Introductory Level
- Masters of Physical Therapy at the University of British Columbia
- Bachelors of Science with a double major in Biology and Classical Studies at the University of British Columbia