Infants & Toddlers
Kids Physio Group believes in the importance of varied positions, mat play and tummy time for infant development. If you have questions about your child’s development or want to prevent common pediatric conditions such as plagiocephaly (flat heads) and torticollis (tight necks), please connect with us for a Baby Motor Milestone Check Up. It’s a great way to be proactive about your child’s development!
Baby Motor Milestone Check Up
- Are you a new mom with questions about your baby’s development?
- Regular assessment of your child’s current gross motor function
- Screen for common infant condition and tips on how to prevent them
- Private, one-on-one appointments with lots of time for questions and feeding/changing if needed!
Head Shape Management
- Flat head and skull asymmetries (plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly)
- Assessment and tracking of your child’s head shape
- Education on positional treatment specific to your child
- Treatment for neck conditions impacting the position preference
- Referral to Certified Orthotist for headband/helmet screening and 3D head scan as required
- Tight neck muscle(s) resulting in head twists and or tilt
- Education on infant positioning in sleep, play and throughout the day
- Hands-on stretching & strengthening techniques
- Age-appropriate play-based exercises
- Therapeutic Taping techniques
Low Tone, Delayed Milestones
- Assessment of previously achieved milestones and current gross motor function
- Specific exercies prescibed to facilite acheiving the next milestone(s)
- Important for infants born prematurely, or those with a specific diagnosis including Cerbral Palsy or Downs Syndrome