Shirley joined the Kids Physio Group after 10 years of experience in Physiotherapy. She grew up in Toronto, Ontario with a childhood filled with sports. This formulated her plan to become a physical therapist. So she completed her BA Honours degree in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario. She then pursued her Masters in physical therapy at the University of Alberta thereafter.
After working in the field for 10 years, holding a wide variety of experience in many different environments, her passion for children and families was discovered through entering the world of parenthood and having little kiddos of her own. This unveiled a whole new world which has become a passion for Shirley. She is pursuing her love and joy in helping children reach their potential. And she is passionate about sharing knowledge especially in the early years of development. She is excited at this great opportunity to be a part of your story! She hopes to have the privilege to join you on your journey.
Shirley is able to offer sessions in Cantonese.
- BA Honours degree in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario
- Masters in Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta
- Supporting individuals with autism in physiotherapy settings, Canucks Autism Network (2020)
- Infant Treatment Based on NDT Principles, NDTA webinar course (2020)
- Posture, Movement & Function, ERI Education with Suzanne Davis (2020)
- Maximize Neuroplasticity and Minimize Maladaptive Habits in Children, Teens and Adults with Cerebral Palsy, Embodia Academy (2019)
- Pediatric K-Taping, Lois Pohlod, Vancouver, 2019
- Pediatric Functional Strength Training, PTcourses, 2019
- Pediatric Motor Development: Ages 0-3, PTcourses, 2019
- Dynamic Core for Kids, Embodia Academy, Shelley Mannell & Julie Wiebe, 2019
- Infantile Torticollis and Plagiocephaly, eCourse365, Rebecca Allen DPT, 2019
- NDT/Bobath Certificate Course in the Management of Adult Hemiplegia, Vancouver, 2011
- Mobilization of Muscles Course, Edmonton, 2009