Though small in stature, Shirley’s love for the athletics was unparalleled ever since she was a child. Growing up in Toronto, Ontario, memories of her childhood years are filled with sports. This love formulated her plan to become a physical therapist from a young age. If she could not be a professional athlete, being a physiotherapist seemed like the next best thing. And if an athlete was injured, maybe she could “fill in” (more of a dream than a realistic goal). So she completed her BA Honours degree in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario. She then pursued her Masters in physical therapy at the University of Alberta thereafter. Shirley has been a physical therapist for 10 years, holding a wide variety of experience in many different environments.
Her passion for children and families was discovered through entering the world of parenthood and having little kiddos of her own. This unveiled a whole new world. Shirley is very excited to join the amazing Kids Physio Group and has begun to work part time at the Cambie location. She is pursuing her love and joy in helping children reach their potential. She is excited at this great opportunity to be a part of your story! She hopes to have the privilege to join you in your journey.
Shirley offers sessions in Cantonese as she is fluent with the language.
- BA Honours degree in Kinesiology at the University of Western Ontario
- Masters in Physical Therapy at the University of Alberta
- Pediatric K-Taping, Lois Pohlod, Vancouver, 2019
- Pediatric Functional Strength Training, PTcourses, 2019
- Pediatric Motor Development: Ages 0-3, PTcourses, 2019
- Dynamic Core for Kids, Embodia Academy, Shelley Mannell & Julie Wiebe, 2019
- Infantile Torticollis and Plagiocephaly, eCourse365, Rebecca Allen DPT, 2019
- NDT/Bobath Certificate Course in the Management of Adult Hemiplegia, Vancouver, 2011
- Mobilization of Muscles Course, Edmonton, 2009