Book an appointment at:
Margaret is an energetic and animated person who loves to play and laughs at almost any joke (even dad jokes). Her passion to pursue paediatrics first started while she was completing her undergraduate degree at Simon Fraser University where she graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences concentrating in Active Health and Rehabilitation Kinesiology. During this time, Margaret spent many years working with the Canucks Autism Network where she motivated children with ASD to participate in active and social programs such as swim, basketball, soccer, skating, music and games nights. Additionally, she provided one on one behavioural intervention therapy to other children with special abilities taking kiddos out to the park or the swimming pool.
Margaret completed her Doctor of Physiotherapy Degree at Bond University in Gold Coast, Australia. It was during her paediatric placement where she provided therapy in rural orphanages and charity clinics in Da Nang, Vietnam when she was certain that she wanted to continue to help children and their families be able to achieve their goals and help them find an optimal way to live their best life. Margaret values carefully conducted assessments, thorough education to the children and families, and playfulness during therapy. On her days off, you can find her doing a number of physical and creative activities such as playing beach volleyball, swimming, running, hiking, baking, cooking, sewing, and eating.
- Bachelor of Sciences: Active Health and Rehabilitation Kinesiology at the Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada
- Doctor of Physiotherapy at Bond University in Gold Coast, Australia
Continuing Education Courses
- Cuevas Medek Exercise Therapy Level 1
- Complete Concussions Certification
- Newborn Feeding Assessment and Treatment
- Contemporary NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child (0-3 years old): Assessment and treatment from birth to 3 years old with known or suspected neuromotor impairments.
- Hammersmith Infant Neurological Examination Certification
- Sensory Integration and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Certificate in Health and Fitness Studies
- Autism Matters
- Know Pain: A Practical Guide for Persistent Pain Therapy
Click HERE to view Margaret’s schedule.