Alexis grew up in Victoria where she spent a majority of her time playing competitive sports. After high school Alexis pursued an Athletic Scholarship to play softball at Dakota State University in South Dakota. At DSU she completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology while playing 4 years of Varsity Softball. Upon graduating Alexis moved to Vancouver where she completed her Masters in Physical Therapy at the University of British Columbia.
Alexis has always been passionate about health and fitness as well as playing and coaching sports. Combining her love for sports with an interest in the sciences, Alexis became very passionate about a career in Physical Therapy. During her two years at UBC, Alexis had the opportunity to complete two pediatric placements where she quickly discovered working with kids was her niche. The two pediatric placements took place at Queen Alexandra Children’s Center in Victoria and at our very own Vancouver Kids Physio Group! Working as a student at these two places exposed Alexis to Neuromuscular conditions, musculoskeletal conditions and injuries, baby milestones and everything in between. Alexis is interested in working with young athletes but also loves working with all ages and stages as she loves the opportunity to challenge herself to improve kids function and quality of life!
With her spare time Alexis loves to play a wide variety of sports, partake in outdoor activities such as hiking, snowboarding, surfing and biking. Alexis plans to work with sports teams in the lower mainland and get involved with coaching opportunities as well. Alexis also enjoys photography and travelling near and far. Animals are also of interest and she even working on a Diploma in rehabilitation for Dogs!
- Bachelor is Science in Biology from Dakota State University
- Masters of Physical Therapy from UBC
Continuing Education Courses
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy – Level 1
- Mulligans Mobilizations for the Lower Extremity
- Sports First Responders
- Diploma in Canine Rehabilitation (Candidate)
- Pediatric Toe Walking – 3 Course Series
- Essentials of Lifting in the Fitness Athlete Course
- Hammersmith Neurological Examinations (HINE)
- Physiotherapy in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Moving the Field Forward: What’s New in Motor Assessments for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Click HERE to view Lexy’s schedule.