Kasha Pyka is a bubbly and energetic Physiotherapist who grew up in the heart of Toronto (literally, she was raised a 10-minute walk from the CN Tower)! She always knew she wanted to work in pediatrics, and this all started in her 10-year role as a Camp Counsellor/Director. Within this position, Kasha worked with a vast group of young athletes and dancers creating educational and recreational activities for them. In addition to this, she also had the opportunity to help integrate children and youth with disabilities into camp activities through the Reach for the Rainbow Program.
Because of her passion and drive to work with children, Kasha curated her school-experiences at Queen’s University to revolve around pediatrics. Through her clinical internships, she was exposed to numerous clinics (including seating and neonatal follow-up clinics); as well gained valuable practical knowledge and skills treating children with: torticollis, plagiocephaly, cerebral palsy, developmental delay, and down syndrome.
Outside of work, Kasha is an avid runner. She specifically enjoys running in the yearly Sporting Life 10K which helps support Camp Ooch. Kasha also enjoys travelling all over Toronto looking for the best tacos around, so make sure to give her your recommendations when you come in for your physiotherapy appointment!
- Honours Bachelor of Science (Biology – major, Business – minor) from McMaster University
- Master’s of Science (Rehabilitation Science) from Queen’s University
- Master’s of Science (Physiotherapy) from Queen’s University
Continuing Education Courses:
- Complete Concussion Management (CCMI)
- Cuevas MEDEK Exercises (CME) Level I
- Study of Human Movement Course: Bobath Approach
- Manual Therapy Level I
- Infantile Torticollis & Plagiocephaly
- Infant GERD: Reflux in Infants
- Toe Walking
Click HERE to view Kasha’s schedule.