Jillian was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. She was first exposed to physiotherapy through her own experience with a sports injury when she was 12 years old. Her keen interest in human movement led her to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at Western University and a Master of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto. Now, Jillian is combining her passion for movement with her love for working with kids to fulfill her dream of being a pediatric physiotherapist.
Jillian’s interest in pediatrics was initially sparked while working one-on-one with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, and Down Syndrome as a special needs camp counsellor. She completed a clinical internship at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, where she developed a passion for treating children with neurological conditions. As a former competitive swimmer herself, Jillian has a special interest in helping kids with sports injuries make a full return to the field, pool, or diamond. She is committed to making physiotherapy fun for children of all ages and abilities at Toronto Kids Physio.
Outside of the clinic, Jillian enjoys travelling to new countries, playing slo-pitch softball, and cheering on the Toronto Raptors!
- Bachelor of Science Honours Specialization in Kinesiology at Western University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy at University of Toronto
Continuing Education Courses:
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME) – Level I
- Introduction to Paediatric Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) and Dynamic Core for Kids
- Complete Concussion Management Certification
- Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Toe Walking