Harveen grew up in Surrey, BC and completed her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology way on the other side of Canada at Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS). She then went on to complete her Masters of Physical Therapy at the University of British Columbia.
She first joined Kids Physio Group in 2013 where she volunteered throughout the summer and then again on her last clinical placement from school. She has always had a passion to work with kids and throughout her last placement is when she realized that she fell in love with KPG and the amazing, hard-working kids that she has seen come and go through the clinic.
Harveen began working at Kids Physio as a part-time job but has currently transitioned over to be full time. She has experience working with children of all ages with gross motor and developmental delays, neurological conditions, cerebral palsy, genetic and rare disorders, and developmental coordination disorders. She also has experience working with babies and infants who have torticollis, plagiocephaly and moms who need an extra tip on how to help their little ones achieve their motor milestones.
In her free time, you can find Harveen balancing her life between her family, travelling and staying physically active. She is also passionate about cooking and trying new recipes, learning how to be a better photographer and drinking a good cup of coffee (or two).
Harveen is passionate about continuing her education in hopes to provide the best treatment for her clients. She has taken the following courses and will be taking more in the upcoming year:
- Learn IMS: Tigger Point Dry Needling
- Neurokinetic Therapy ® (NKT) Level 1 course and certification: finding muscle compensation patterns and improving motor control and body awareness
- Complete Concussion Management ™ Certification (2017-present): evidence-based course on multisystem, comprehensive, concussion assessment and management
- Level I Advanced Orthopedic Manual And Manipulative Therapy
- Cuevas Medek Exercise Level 1
Click HERE to view Harveen’s schedule.