Originally from Tsawwassen, Farhana completed her Honours Bachelor of Arts & Sciences degree at McMaster University in 2012. She loved the experience of living abroad while participating in an international exchange, so she decided to venture off to Ireland and completed her Masters in Physiotherapy at University College Dublin in 2014. After her final clinical placement at schools for children with disabilities in India, she knew she would pursue a career in paediatric physiotherapy. Farhana also has experience working in several hospital units including intensive care, medical, surgical, stroke, and emergency, as well as community paediatric rehabilitation. After volunteering with the team, Farhana was thrilled to join Kids Physio Group in 2016.
Farhana is a strong believer in working with clients, their families, and other health care providers to help children achieve relevant and meaningful goals, whether that includes learning a specific gross motor movement or being pain-free. She advocates for all children to be able to be physically active in their communities. She loves thinking outside the box to keep physiotherapy sessions fun and interactive. She has experience working with a wide variety of children ages 0-19 including those with gross motor and global developmental delay, neurological conditions such as stroke and cerebral palsy, genetic conditions, autism spectrum disorder, developmental coordination disorder, multi-system conditions, post-operative rehab, concussions, sports injuries, and chronic pain.
Outside of work, Farhana is always happiest venturing outdoors – whether this be hiking, running, playing soccer, swimming, or just exploring the Lower Mainland!
Farhana is currently seeing clients ages 5 and older at Surrey Kids Physio.
- Neurokinetic Therapy (NKT) Level 1 and 2 certifications
- Complete Concussion Management Practitioner Certification Program
- Contemporary NDT of the Baby & Young Child
- Introduction to Vestibular Rehab (Bernard Tonks)
- Advanced Vestibular Rehab (Bernard Tonks)
- If You Can’t Breathe You Can’t Function (Mary Massery)
- Musculoskeletal Assessment & Management of the Child with Cerebral Palsy
- An Intro to Conservative Management Principles of Scoliosis
- Specific Training to Improve Locomotion: The Bobath Concept
- Physiopedia courses related to club foot, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, and amputee rehabilitation
- Trained in the Hammersmith Infant Neurological Exam (HINE)
- KTaping Paediatrics
- Certified Carseat Technician
Saturdays: 9:00am – 5:00pm