Physiotherapist & Community Engagement Manager
Book an appointment at:
Born and raised in Montreal, Casey grew up wanting to try every sport under the sun – from basketball to track and field, badminton, skiing, and soccer. Casey moved to Vancouver to pursue her undergraduate degree in Kinesiology at UBC, where she fell in love with the mountains and stayed to complete her Masters of Physical Therapy.
As an elite level soccer player, Casey’s first glimpse of physiotherapy was through her own injuries during her early teens. This sparked a passion for learning about the human body, movement, and injury treatment and prevention. Casey has over 10 years of experience coaching soccer for kids aged 4 to 8, and teens in Special Olympics. She is excited to combine these passions as a team member at Kids Physio. Casey is also fluent in French.
From achieving motor milestones to participating in a favourite physical activity, Casey’s goal is to help kids have fun while building a strong foundation of movement skills to remain active for life! She has a particular passion in helping young athletes achieve their goals through injury prevention and rehabilitation of injuries. Additionally, Casey loves empowering parents with knowledge on how to support their infant’s motor development. Casey also has experience working with kids with a variety of diagnoses including Autism, Developmental Coordination Disorder, and Down Syndrome.
In her spare time, Casey can be found trail running, backcountry camping, playing soccer, or traveling the world.
Casey is a strong believer in life-long learning! To date, she has successfully completed the following:
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, UBC
- Master of Physical Therapy, UBC
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy – Level 1
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy – Level 2 Lower Extremity
- Introductory Bobath Concept Course
- Neuro Kinetic Therapy Level 1
- Complete Concussions Certification
- Hammersmith Infant Neurological Examination (HINE) Assessment Training Course
- The Athlete’s Hip: Simplifying Assessment, Treatment and Return to Sport
Click HERE to view Casey’s schedule.