Brooke is excited to be part of the Kids Physio Group team in her home community of South Surrey. She completed her Bachelor of Human Kinetics at the University of British Columbia, graduating head of her class in Interdisciplinary Studies. She then graduated from UBC with her Masters of Physical Therapy in 2013.
Brooke brings experience working in a variety of pediatric physiotherapy settings throughout her career. She has years of experience working in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with premature and medically complex infants and their families and especially loves working with infants and young children to help them reach their developmental goals. Brooke has also worked in pediatric outpatient rehabilitation with infants and children of all ages (0-18). She has experience with a wide variety of conditions including torticollis, plagiocephaly, gross motor delays, post-operative rehab, genetic and congenital disorders, cerebral palsy, cancer, and chronic pain.
Brooke has always enjoyed working with children and was previously involved with Special Olympics BC as a Clinical Director for the Healthy Athletes program. She is also passionate about global health and has spent time volunteering in India, supporting children with disabilities. Brooke continues to pursue educational opportunities to ensure she is providing evidence-based care, and also enjoys mentoring physiotherapy students.
Brooke believes in a family-centered approach to therapy and loves helping kids of all abilities reach their goals.
Outside of the clinic, you can find her enjoying time at Crescent beach, gardening, hiking, and spending time with family and friends!
- Plagiocephaly: Assessment and Treatment of Infants and Toddlers
- Contemporary Neuro-developmental Therapy (NDT) for the Baby and Young Child
- Musculoskeletal Assessment and Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Treating the Child with Hypotonia Training
- Trained in Hammersmith Infant Neurological Exam (HINE)
- Infant Massage Instructor Training through International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM)
- Management of Pediatric Brachial Plexus Injury
- Neonatal Developmental Care Specialist Certification
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy Level 1
- Motor Issues in Autism
Click HERE to view Brooke’s schedule.