Originally from Calgary, AB, Alyssa joined Kids Physio Group in 2016. She completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology with Honours at Acadia University in Nova Scotia. While at Acadia, she worked as a student athletic therapist for various sports teams and spent time volunteering with children in both the S.M.I.L.E (Sensory Motor Instructional Leadership Experience) and Kinderskills programs. At Acadia, Alyssa also completed an undergraduate honours thesis exploring fundamental movement skills in children with Autism. Her passion for working with children grew and led her to the University of Alberta, where she completed her Masters of Science in Physical Therapy.
Alyssa is passionate about understanding how kids move, what makes each kid unique, and most of all helping infants, children and families reach their goals. Her post-graduate education and experience allow her to work with a wide range of presentations, including infant conditions, developmental disorders, gross motor delays, toe walking, coordination concerns, concussions, and more! Alyssa especially loves developmental paediatrics, and working with infants and young children. She is also a Registered Autism Service Provider (RASP).
Prior to opening the South Surrey location, Alyssa was also the Clinical Manager of our North Surrey clinic, working to ensure the clinic ran smoothly and could provide the best care possible to our clients.
When not in the clinic, Alyssa loves spending time with her husband, their daughter & pup, testing out new recipes, and trying to be a better photographer!
- Musculoskeletal Assessment & Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Contemporary NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child
- Complete Concussion Management™ Certification (2017 – Present)
- Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Toe Walking (Paediatric Equinus Gait)
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME) Level 1
- Neurokinetic Therapy ® (NKT) Level 1
- New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries
Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1
- Infant Massage Instructor Training through The International Association of Infant Massage
- Trained in the Hammersmith Infant Neurological Exam (HINE)
- KTaping Paediatrics
Paediatric Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Level 1
- Newborn Feeding