Originally from Calgary, AB, Alyssa joined Kids Physio Group in 2016. She completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology with Honours at Acadia University in Nova Scotia. While at Acadia, she worked as a student athletic therapist for various sports teams, and spent time volunteering with children in both the S.M.I.L.E (Sensory Motor Instructional Leadership Experience) and Kinderskills programs. At Acadia, Alyssa also completed an undergraduate honours thesis exploring fundamental movement skills in children with Autism. Her passion for working with children grew, and led her to the University of Alberta, where she completed her Masters of Science in Physical Therapy.
Alyssa is passionate about continuing her education in order to provide the best care for her clients. She has experience working with infants with Torticollis and Plagiocephaly, children with Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Developmental Coordination Disorder, rare genetic and congenital disorders, and Developmental delay. She also has experience working with children with Autism, and is a Registered Autism Service Provider (RASP). Alyssa especially loves developmental paediatrics, and working with infants and young children.
Outside of the clinic, Alyssa loves to spend time with family and friends. She also loves yoga, finding new recipes and a good cup of coffee!
- Musculoskeletal Assessment & Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Contemporary NDT Treatment of the Baby and Young Child
- Complete Concussion Management™ Certification (2017 – Present)
- Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Toe Walking (Paediatric Equinus Gait)
- Cuevas Medek Exercises (CME) Level 1
- Neurokinetic Therapy ® (NKT) Level 1
- New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries
Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1
- Infant Massage Instructor Training through The International Association of Infant Massage
- Trained in the Hammersmith Infant Neurological Exam (HINE)
- KTaping Paediatrics
On maternity leave starting April 2021! We will miss you Alyssa!