Returning Safely to the Clinic
At Kids Physio Group, our goal every day is to promote the health and safety of all patients and their families, so we have implemented several new procedures to do just that. Your session may look a little bit different, but we are committed to continuing to provide fun, world-class physiotherapy. Thank you so much for your support, and for taking the time to read these new policies and procedures.
Before Your Visit
During Your Visit
Our Cleaning & Sanitizing Process
- All staff and clients will be required to thoroughly wash their hands before and after each session
- We have inventoried all of our toys and equipment and removed anything that can’t be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- All toys and equipment that are used during a session will be cleaned and disinfected before use in another session
- We are following a very thorough wash → disinfect → air dry protocol for cleaning all toys and equipment
- Extra sanitization of our spaces will be done between each visit. We are working hard to do this outside of treatment times, but it may mean that your visit occasionally starts a few minutes late
- Each treatment area will only be used by one physiotherapist and client at a time
What can you do to support us?
- Please do not come into the clinic if you or your child are sick
- Continue to use Telehealth if it is appropriate and working for your family
- Be patient! We are getting creative and trying new things to see as many clients as possible without sacrificing anyones safety, and sometimes that means growing pains. We appreciate your patience and always appreciate feedback.
Which clinics are open?
Right now both BC and Ontario have received the okay from the province and physiotherapy college to return to in-clinic sessions. All of our clinics are seeing clients when in-person sessions are clinically more appropriate than telehealth sessions. You can visit each clinic’s location page for any clinic-specific details and updates.
Do you still have a cancellation policy?
Yes, our regular cancellation policy is still in effect for both telehealth and in-clinic sessions. As you can imagine, a lot of preparation goes into getting ready for your appointment, so 24 hours notice is required to move or cancel an appointment. If you are booked for an in-person session but it is determined that you do not meet the pre-screening criteria, your session will be changed to a virtual appointment at the same scheduled time.
What are you asking in the Pre-Screen Questionnaire?
We will ask if you or anyone in your household have experienced any of the 15 COVID-19 symptoms that are common in children or adults. You will also be asked if anyone in your household has recently travelled outside of Canada, or if you have been in contact with someone with a known case of COVID-19.
Will kids and parents be required to wear masks?
Your therapist will be wearing a mask, and everyone over 5 years old will be required to wear a mask as per provincial regulations. We require guardians and children over 12 to wear masks, and children between 5 and 12 years of age to wear masks if they are safely able to. We do not require children under 2 to wear a mask because of the risk of suffocation. We are following the WHO’s recommendations for mask wearing in children.
How are you going to sanitize all those toys?
You will notice fewer toys available during your session, but don’t worry… we have carefully inventoried and separated everything to be sure our therapists will have all the tools they need to make your appointment fun and engaging. We have also created specific cleaning procedures for all of our different toys and equipment, which will be implemented between each use of an item.
Currently, there is no history.